Saturday, May 8, 2010

An Update for May 8

Ruth Anne; We are settling in to what has become for me at least, that familiar Hot Springs life. The slower pace, the easy way of it, the children especially, are all working their tonic on my work-ravaged soul. I am now keenly aware of how much l've been pushing myself this past while since Dad died and how badly I have needed the simple love of my Thai friends to bring some healing.

Yesterday's experience at the youth prison has left me all the more in awe of a God who just keeps surprising us. Who would have thought that I could have anything to say to such a crowd. But recent experiences, with a family member currently serving time, gave me a connectiong point that I can only believe God chose to use in the hearts of the precious faces there.

I am also preaching on Sunday morning, that is if we can find an interpretor. Mike Flinchum has safely returned and will be with us tonight as we do our evening devotions. However he's not available tomorrow morning. So we'll see what happens. It's part of the adventure. Actually if it turns out I can't that will be good to me. I have yet to hear Suradet preach and would love to this trip.

The heat seems worse than any other time, mostly I think because the rains haven't started yet. Bugs are not as bad, howver, so I guess it goes hand in hand.

Can I say again how deeply grateful I am to be allowed back to this place of peace and filling. Not only are we completely oblivious to any turmoil in other places in the country, but Hot Springs especially is like being at the cottage for me. Hope that's ok with everyone!

Sponsors, your packets were well received as always. We are taking lots of pictures and video.

Time for lunch soon.

Thank you for your prayers. We feel them.
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

1 comment:

  1. "Thank you so much, God of our personal histories, for the experiences that have helped to form us into the people we are. Some of us have had difficult lives; some of us have coasted. Either way, your faithful presence has defined the experience. We are eternally grateful. Amen."
    --Derek Maul
    Ruth Anne...God so weaves the threads of pain through and into others...the resulting beauty being your ministry at a prison across the ocean. I keep praying for your renewal on so many levels. Much love, Juanita

    ReplyDelete