Friday, May 14, 2010

Good Thing We Can Nap

Ruth Anne: Today the highschool kids went to school, on a Friday, the first day back after two weeks off. We went to go register with them, but it turned out we just dropped them off and came back to Hot Springs. Spent the morning downloading pictures from my cameras to the computer and then on to my usb key for Suradet.

But by 10 I'd had it. The temperature was climbing again and we just had to lay low. Coming back to the room we checked. Yup. 44C. Anybody want to convert that to F?

If these last few days keep us low and slow that's probably a good thing for me. The two hour nap I had BEFORE lunch is just a small part of what God is allowing for me here in resting my soul.

During evening worship we sang a song we haven't sung for a bit a Highview, The Power Of Your Love. Tonight it hit me, that phrase....and as I wait, I'll rise up like the eagle, and I will soar with You, Your Spirit leads me on, in the power of Your love.

I came here completely depleated by the demands of what has been for me a very demanding ministry season. I was and am surrounded by respect and love flowing out of a strong, pure faith. God has used this time in gentle and astonishing ways to fill up all the exhausted places of me.
I am rising up like an eagle out of this place.

The children are memorizing Psalm 23. Here's my version.

The Lord knows exactly what I need, when I need it. He makes me lie down in the hot, green Thai jungle. He leads me beside Hot Springs. He restores my soul.

He clearly knows what these children need as well. We got word today that another sponsor, independent of Highview, will come alongside to help meet the needs here. What an answer to prayer and what a perfect time for us to hear about it.

We also got word today through an email from the travel registry in Canada, that the Canadian Embassy in Bangkok has been closed until the distrubances there are resolved. Please know that we contune to be completely uneffected by any of this. You wouldn't know anything was happening at all.

Except of course for all the beautiful and powerful things God is doing here in this amazing place called Hot Springs, where I wait, being filled by the power of His love.

Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful...there are no other words.
    Except of course..."Thanks be to God"
    Love, Juanita

    ReplyDelete