Monday, May 3, 2010

Almost There

Ruth Anne: We promise that soon there will be more exciting posts than those written from airport waiting lounges :). But for now, this is all part of the experience. I remember Dave Driver saying over and again that first trip, "Ruth Anne! You've got to make the trip part of the journey." Just another thing I love about that guy - his ability to be real and profound in the simplest of ways.

Megan fared well on our long, long ride, even though she did mention something about shooting herself in the face at about 10 hour mark. Personally, I think I'm finally getting the swing of this, because it seems to get a bit easier each time. We were able to sleep "enough" to help recharge the batteries for this last leg.

And now all I can think of is seeing the kids at the airport. And because now I know the airport well enough....the plan is to buy them ice cream at that Dairy Queen right there, and have a little visit right off the bat. Oh yes! Just thought of that this minute and sent off an email to Suradet to get permission.

So soon now. On the way over, and still recovering from what seemed like an impossibly stress-filled past three weeks or so, all I can hear God telling me is that this trip will have some similar components for me than the first one - particularly in reminding me of His sufficiency against my inadequacies, and that all He wants to do He can do, even when I am feeling small and empty.
That word from Him disturbs me a little. It took a bit to recover from the spiritual renovations that went on. But I am ever so grateful for them, and, with respect for the implications, look forward to anything God wants to do in me again and new this time.

Megan promises to write something once we get there. So far, it's been all about airports and airplanes and that's about it.

Seven minutes to boarding call.

No comments:

Post a Comment