Monday, May 3, 2010

Are We There Yet?

Ruth Anne:

Nope.

Waiting bleary in Los Angeles for our 1:15 a.m. (that's 4:15 a.m. Ontario time!) flight across the Pacific Ocean. And although we are feeling the dragging effects of such a long day, we have actually experienced very smooth goings so far (not counting the 'hard time' Megan got at US customs for having "too much luggage to haul around Thailand").

Already I am in that surreal state where you can barely tell where you are, and you're not really sure what day it is. Except I'm very mindful of the significant morning we spent together at Highview 'yesterday'. I am still recovering from the surprise of having 24 MORE parking spaces spoken for in our Fundraising Campaign for Phase One of the Property Expansion Project, bringing the total to 54 out of 100, and only five days into the campaign! What a great note to leave on!

Both Megan and I felt your love 'this morning' as we were being said good bye to. Megan says she's never got that many hugs in one day in her whole life! George, thanks so much for your send off. Your specific 'charge' to each of us meant a lot and is trailing after us as we go, in all the good ways significant blessings can do.

Megan is traveling like a seasoned trooper. We are enjoying easy conversation that makes a "red eye" flight less brutal. Although......we haven't even started the most grueling part of the journey quite yet....the 13 hours we'll get to spend trying to sleep between here and Taipei.

I can't wait to see the kids! I can't wait to "talk" with Suradet and Yupa. To hug Tutu and encourage her. To visit with Lew, the young widow recovering from the loss of her husband and her own damaged body following a motorcycle accident. I can't wait to be there, undeservedly receiving from God in this unexpected place of strength and restoration.

Abby and Zachary, I miss you so much already. Kristyn, thank you so much for your support in letting me go for this length of time. Ken...what can I say? You are my hero in so many ways.

Okay....can we get on the plane soon? I need to tuck myself into a corner and sleep.

Megan would sign off on this posting too....except I think she's just konked out in the chair beside me. (Starr, the photo is proof that I take pictures of more than just you sleeping in LAX :)

1 comment:

  1. GREAT to hear from you!!!!! Thankful that all is going smoothly thus far. I have my little note-card above my kitchen sink...my constant reminder to pray for both of you and Courtney.
    In my heart and on my mind,
    Love, Juanita

    ReplyDelete