Thursday, May 13, 2010

A lazy summer day!


Megan:

Today was a day of rest. Usually that's what happens on a Sunday, but after a wonderful, but exhausting, day like yesterday everyone needed it.

It was evident even from our first moments together at morning devotions. The girls were all late and we quickly found out it was because they weren't feeling well. I didn't have thaaaaat much sympathy though, since I wouldn't feel well if I'd had five helpings of a spicy lunch the day before either! (No lie...they pigged out! I'm glad they could, because they never get that kind of chance...but you eat that much and your body's going to complain sooner or later!)

After devotions was breakfast, and then bracelets, dominoes, and checkers with the kids. The bracelets weren't as big a hit as we thought, but Miki, Saiy, Bee and Sai stuck with it! I taught them some basic designs and they caught on really fast, especially Saiy. The boys loved dominoes.

Then Suradet took us out for lunch. I got my kao pad gai (fried rice with chicken) and was pulling out the tomatoes when I found a decent sized bug in the middle of my rice. Needless to say, I lost my appetite a little bit, and didn't finish my meal. Then poor Yupa went and bought me seaweed flavour Lays chips. Not the greatest flavour ever, but I very much appreciated the gesture.

Yupa tries so hard to please my western tastes, even serving us french toast for breakfast! Though I have no clue how she found out about that because we never requested nor mentioned it. So that was a bonus! :)

Then Suradet took us to a little internet place so Ruth anne could upload pictures from her laptop into the blog. Unfortunately there was no wireless there, and no ether net cable to plug her laptop in. So we just went on the blog (on their computers) and published all the waiting comments!

When we got back to hot springs we both slept. I have a funny feeling a lot of the kids did too since we didn't see them around very much even when we woke up.

During supper (where we got a surprising amount of dessert, not that I'm complaining) we found out the answer to another great mystery. There is a new little boy there, because Suradet's sister and her husband work there now. We thought they'd said his name was "bennigo", because when we'd repeat it back they'd nod and smile. However, when we'd call his name later he would never respond. We knew he was really shy so we just let it slide.

But today Ruth anne goes "bennigo is shy" and the girls go "miayko". His name is Miayko (I have no clue if its spelled correctly, that's how it sounds phonetically) not Bennigo! No wonder he wasn't responding to us!

Another funny moment happened just after dinner while we were back in our room. Three of the older girls (Thim, Saiy and Nut) came up to see us. We couldn't figure out why they'd come, and they couldn't communicate it. But they were saying something that sounded suspisciously like "michael jackson" (they weren't of course, it just sounded similar) so after they said it a couple times Ruth anne goes "Michael jackson!!!" And starts trying to do the moon walk. They looked like "what on earth is this crazy woman doing?" Not going to lie, I had the same look on my face too! Haha. But eventually we sorted out they were taking us to worship.

Now the girls are here and sleeping over, so I'd better go! Don't want to be rude! :) goodnight world!


Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

1 comment:

  1. Megan...moments of smiles...moments of "yuck" (hmmm, I'm not in favor of bugs in my food either!!!)
    Aunt Juanita

    ReplyDelete