Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Satisfying Saturday

For me Saturday is over. For you, it's more or less just beginning. 12 hour time change when Ontario does daylight savings. Still strange when it's this hot - got up to 39 C today - but it's dark, and very quickly, by 6 pm.

I had a satisfying conversation with Suradet and Yupa over breakfast this morning. It's amazing to me that we are now able to get down a level and actually talk about such abstract concepts as ministry and parenting challenges. Both Suradet and Yupa frquently use their improving English to express their deep gratitude for our partnership with them. I am more and more able - more due to their increased language skills than mine - to expresse my own deep, deep gratitude for welcoming us into their lives when we come, and their prayers for us continually. After talking a bit about some of my own heartaches these past years, I told them that this place, with their love and hospitality, has been such an immensely healing place for me.


Went to a Thai Baptist Thanksgiving service today. A phenomenal experience which included a rendition in Thai of the evagelical rip off of Danny Boy, He looked beyond my guilt and saw my need. With the Iridsh tune and Thai words and all, it was an experience in a collision of some sort.

Church is tomorrow again. I am doing the morning on top of the mountain (George and Starr will remember where this is) and then preaching with Mike as interpreter at Hot Springs. So, another satisfying day seems in the making.

If you aren't following both blogs, I'm safe and far removed from the devastation of Japan. May God pour His mercy on those people.



Churc
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments:

Post a Comment