Saturday, March 26, 2011

God's Nudge Home?

After an emotional, beautiful circle of prayer, surrounded by praying, sniffling, emotional, beautiful Thai friends - no, family, I wondered how I could possibly wrench myself away from them all tomorrow.

But just now, a rather large scorpion joined me in the shower. Let me see. Would that be enough to make me want to leave? Um. Nope. ;)

The girls took care of it for me. Squished it with the handle of the toilet brush, just like that. And then they've just had a yogurt snack, brushed their teeth and are settling in beside me on the floor.

And I fight for composure, but give way again to what I hope is quiet crying in the darkness, knowing that for some cosmic reason I can't explain and do not deserve, God has seen fit to let me be part of their safety and hope.

Sponsors, if I haven't said thank you enough it's because there aren't words enough to explain what you've done.

I do want to be home. I just don't want to leave this. Scorpions notwithstanding.
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments:

Post a Comment