Sunday, March 27, 2011

Packed

It's good not to be rushed.

That quieter sort of Sunday afternoon expectation must be cross cultural, at least for Pastors' families, because all three Sundays that I've been here it's been like this. I think everyone's asleep, being still in the heat, enjoying Sabbath.

I tried to sleep but my mind won't stop packing even though I've basically finished my preparations for home.

So I'm awake, enjoying the beauty of a northern Thai afternoon, revelling in the sounds and smells and the warmth that will all too soon be the vivid memories of this particular trip.

By 12:30 pm Sunday afternoon Canada time, I will be in the air on my way to Korea. I have a 3 and a half hour layover in Seol. This will be a good amount of time to get connected to the internet and hopefully down load some pictures, go on Facebook, and eat a light meal. Then at about 11 pm Canada time on Sunday (I think), I will chase the sun across the Pacific in a 13 hour flight that will only register as 5 minutes on the international clock. Such is the weirdness of the jet lag for the way back.

Abby has emailed me telling me "we can't get rid of the snow, Gramma" so I expect to feel quite chilly upon my return. But in every other way, even considering the heart breaking goodbye that I have yet to face this evening at the airport, I am coming home with a heart spilling over. Can't wait to feel Ken's arms around me. Can't wait to kiss and kiss the faces of my grandchildren. Can't wait to be back at Highview with the people I love so much more because of what together you have allowed to happen here.

I have such a sense of this Regions Beyond thing being one of the best things we've ever done; it's just that right and good and true. On Sunday morning, April 3, I will bring a brief report around the beauty of Isaiah 58 and how God has been good on His promise, rewarding Suradet and Yupa's astonishing compassion, with the courage to do something beautiful.

"Thank you." Suradet says it all the time. "Please tell members church, we praise God for you, we thank you for love children".

Thank you. For releasing me to this big soul stretching experience once again.

And now, I am on my way home.
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments:

Post a Comment