Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Safely Here

I'm here and settling in for bed. My time is 12:58 a.m., and since I barely slept for the past 33 hours, I'm thinking this will be a very short blog.

But I just have to tell you.....all the kids were at the Airport to greet me. I had miscalculated their school year and....they are actually just starting three months of summer holidays now! Bonus! This, as Derek would say, changes everything!! And all in a good way.

What a joyful surprise to see all their faces, and the flowers of course, and hugging and kissing all the girls, and shaking the boys' hand. I got to Boy and asked if I could have a hug, but he said no, and offered his hand. Alas, the youngest of our little guys won't let me hug him now. It's okay, the girls make up for it.

Suradet, Yupa, Tutu and Tumanon were there as well, so it makes for quite the entourage, gathering your bags and walking out to the vehicles.

Muggy and 35C is what it is, if anyone's interested. And that's at midnight, so we'll see what's up for the days.

Even though it was late, Debbie and Mike stayed up to help me settle down from the trip. It was wonderful to connect up with Debbie again, and we have our first shopping trip planned for tomorrow morning - to get some of the things I deliberately decided to purchase here instead of lugging unnecessary weight.

Oh my. There's so much in my soul. I am so very grateful for all your prayers for my traveling. It seemed to me the very best trip yet, and while I'm travel weary for sure, I am feeling in pretty good shape.

Time for bed now though.

More as soon as I can.

Going to the prison for a service tomorrow too. You're not here very long before you're right into the thick of things. Just the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment