Monday, May 4, 2009

Small people, big day

George: Today was a big day. A couple of times I had to stop and ask: did we just get here yesterday? Why does today seem so big?
What is a big day? Might be a long day - I was up by 4:30. Could be a busy day - we certainly did many things. But, today was a big day because it was a full day - full of small people with big hearts. People filled with the spirit of God.
People who were up at 5:00 AM for morning devotions (very quietly, unlike the previous evening). People who continue to cook and serve great meals for us. People who love to play games (Dutch Blitz and Funny Monkies in the morning, chess in the afternoon). People who love to look at pictures of Hot Springs and of Highview. People who love to sing to God.
Many things happened today (diverted water during a driving thunderstorm, a trip to spa), but those are stories for later. Today was a big day because we were with the people at Hot Springs.
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

1 comment:

  1. Hi all....I finally remembered my password, so I can make a comment here!!!!!! George...I am have prayed this morning...that you sleep well tonight...that should make sense. It helps that we are exactly 12 hours apart. So glad you are there...you should hear more from me this week.Juanita

    ReplyDelete