Sunday, May 3, 2009

Heading Off to Hot Springs

Ruth Anne: It's late on a hot, hot Sunday afternoon for us. In 30 minutes Suradet will be here.

We have rounded off our last day here in Chiang Mai by attending worship service at Doi Saket this morning, and it was completely wonderful to be there. I forgot how much I missed hearing the children sing. Made me cry. But it's okay....George is so sensitive he's offered to bring a pail around with him so he can mop me up off the floor any time this happens in the future :P.

Speaking of George, he did a wonderful job leading Communion this morning, working with his interpretor as if he's done this all his life. It was a bit unnerving not knowing what was expected, since we arrived at the same time the service started and "missed the service rehearsal". Hint: There is no service rehearsal. Whispered instructions as the servers are coming forward was all George had. And he handled it like a pro.

I thoroughly enjoyed "preaching" this morning....a far cry from the dismal experience it was for me first time around in February 2008 when I completely bumbled all over myself in Penohm Pehn. Perhaps I'm just getting used to it, perhaps I'm letting the culture of it sink in better. Perhaps I just know people better and that makes all the difference. Either way, the translator and I worked well together and I felt God's pleasure as I preached.

We have spent the afternoon napping and getting ready....and uncharacteristic to Thai culture, Suradet just drove up. So I will have to close off.

Sorry for the brevity. And here's the thing. We may not be able to blog while at Hot Springs, although George has an idea using the blackberry that he's described to me a few times and I still don't understand but we'll try to make work.

We miss you, and can feel your prayers.

Happy Birthday to Starr, by the way, who turned twenty on the other side of the world.

Sorry....no pictures this blog. My computer is taking way too long to upload and the truck is now packed.

Oh my goodness!!!! Can I stand it? All this lavish wonderfulness from such a generous loving Father!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you made it to Chiang Mai Starr!! Thinking and praying for you all. You will have a phenomenal time!! Love, Crystal XX

    ReplyDelete