Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Beautiful Wreckage of the Soul.

Heidi and I are now sitting at our gate in the Seoul, Korea airport.

This is after we had one of the most heart-wrenching goodbyes of all time. I don't think I've cried that much in a long time. I don't think our kids have cried that much in a long time either.

We had evening devotions, where Ruth Anne led a devotion from Acts that ripped our hearts out a little. But then they asked us to say something, and after that laid hands on us and prayed over us.

Then most of the kids brought us pictures they had drawn for us! I'm so excited to look through them all when I get home.

We headed off to the airport with all the older kids (the littles had to be in bed at that time), where we had more beautiful soul wreckage. They hugged and wouldn't let go, and we cried some more.

When we went through security, they were standing at the windows, and we waved until we couldn't see them anymore. Then we sat and cried because our hearts were wrecked in the most beautiful way possible.

The first flight was surprisingly easy, since we slept for all 5 hours! Praying the 13 hour flight will feel as fast!

Megan.

1 comment: