Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Finding Love In All the Right Places: Becca's Story


Part of an ongoing series highlighting the experiences of folks who have visited our family in Thailand.  Here's Becca's story.

I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to experience the strong and loving community at Hot Springs.  

I will always remember the first day we arrived at the airport and how Ahajan Suradet and Yupa welcomed us with big hugs, smiles and beautiful flower necklaces.  When arriving at Hot Springs later that day, we were welcomed again, with the warm and exciting smiles from all of the children. 



Ahajan Suradet and Yupa not only raised their own children, but also generously opened their arms and home to many others.  I could see how much they have loved and cared for these children.  Their kindness and compassion has built a large, extended family. 



Before leaving to Thailand, my friends were joking with me telling me that I was going to find love in Thailand.  I thought, “haha, no, probably not”.  What I didn’t know, was that I actually was going to find love, but a completely different, unexpected kind.  This was shown in everyone’s actions and care for one another.  





While we were there, Ruth Anne explained the five love languages: words of affirmation, physical touch, acts of service, quality time and gifts.  She also explained that most people will only demonstrate 2 or 3 of these actions to their loved ones, but that the community at Hot Springs demonstrates all of them and I was able to witness that.  



This was something that has touched me so deeply, and that I will never forget.

Becca Shirer

No comments:

Post a Comment