Wednesday, August 8, 2018

The Long Way Home



Yes, I'm packing.

Again.

Such a short visit, this one.  Two weeks only of laughing, singing, reading, eating, worshiping, loving.  But such a satisfying two weeks, without question. 

Chan im jai.  My heart is full.  And grateful.  And excited for the future. 

And breaking.

Again. 

Never gets easier.  Doesn't matter how long I've been here.  Two weeks.  Three months. It's the same.

But worth it.

Tomorrrow morning around 10:30 a.m. Chiang Mai time (10:30 p.m. Wednesday Ontario time), I will board a plane that will take me to Taipei, then another that will bring me all the way home.  Again.

A common phrase for this filling, rewarding, very-Thai-style visit has been
"How did I get this life I so don't deserve?" 

Long pause.

For every person who's prayed.
Every Sponsor.
Every suppporter of my new adventure.
For Ken who releases me every time, with generosity that's legendary by now.
For the rest of my family who gets it.
For all who keep me accountable and encourage me and remind me of who I am.
Thank you.

To Suradet and Yupa for being heroes - my admiration of you only grows the more we know each other.
To the children here whose love means more than I could ever communicate even if I was fluent.
To the members of Christachuck Nampoorawn - worshiping with you has been food for my heart.
So korpkoon mahk, ka!

And to the One who writes the stories,
thank for the way You're writing this one. 
Several chapters ago I wasn't sure I liked it. 
But You know the endings. 
You knew this visit for what it would do,
and what it will do.

I love You. 

You have me.



No comments:

Post a Comment