Wednesday, April 29, 2009

One more flight to go....

Starr: It's 9ish in the morning here... I have no idea what time it is at home, I've crossed too many time zones! I think I've just had about 5 suppers in a row.

We survived the longest leg of our trip! At least, I did. I was lucky enough to sleep a whole 8 hours...I think George and Ruth Anne are happy, but slightly envious that I was able to. Tylenol and earplugs work wonders. The food was disgusting, we accidentally got vegetarian meals! We've already rectified that mistake for the way home though. We had two meals this last flight, both including rice....I think it's getting to RA already!

For me, it's hard to imagine that the 15 amazing kids I've been seeing so many pictures of will be waiting for us on the other side of our 4 hour plane ride. I've been practicing their names for a while, slowly getting to know them through the stories I've heard from Ruth Anne. I've been waiting for this for so long, but now....what will it be like when I see them? Will they be nervous? They know 'Granny Ruth' well, but will they be hesitant to hug these two other strangers? Maybe if I just stand there and smile...ya, that'll be a safe move...

I have no idea what to expect, but that is what is so exciting about this trip! I've accepted the fact that I can only plan and prepare so much. God's timing is perfect, always. Even if it seems so ridiculous to me. I'm so lucky to be able to be here on behalf of Highview, this is such an exciting adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment