Friday, November 16, 2018

A Few Photos For now

 I find myself somewhat distracted this afternoon.

The day started well, and I was able to hunker down into some good work, preparing for this Sunday's sermon (a surprise to be asked, but fun), next Sunday's sermon (taught in Thai so lots of prayers please), some of the school work I am doing in conjunction with this particular visit, and getting everything ready for tonight's Bible and ESL lesson.

When the afternoon came and I wasn't feeling the need for a nap, I still didn't have too much of a brain left for a full out blog post.

So...I offer some random pictures as a way of a more visual report.



 Here's Olion, one of the dogs at Hot Springs.  
Fun fact: the black patch on his head isn't natural.  
It's hair colouring, just to make the kids laugh.



We sent Evangeline home on Tuesday night with the usual tears.  
Everyone loved how well she embraced our Thai family, and misses her very much. 




  A few shots of our trip to  Doi Suthep last week.  
Suradet looking pensively over Chiang Mai, 
the city he is so passionate to hear the good news of Jesus.




And something very old at a Buddhist monestary in a garden preserve 
in the middle of the city.  My first time there.  



 Some vibrant colours in the flowers as well.



 
 Yupa leading prayer time on Sunday.  



Sunrise, just because I can't help myself.





And maybe my favourite picture of the trip so far 
(not including Evangeline's professional shots).
Our kids eating breakfast under the dining table at sunrise.


And to be perfectly honest, the distraction is largely because my mind is quite occupied with two extremely challenging circumstances at home.  A friend at Highview is on her last leg of a very difficult journey home.  I wish I could be with her.  And our grandson Jayden has had quite the ordeal, hospitalized for the past six days due to breathing difficulties.  He's on the mend, but...I wish I could be there too.  So I'm feeling this reality of two worlds pretty intensely right now.

It's part of the territory, I know.  But I'm sorting it through, leaving it with a God who knows all things and orchestrates His perfect plans.  Letting this press me deeper into intimate trust.


No comments:

Post a Comment